Friday, October 1, 2010

Buying stuff

Sean and I are away at a buying show. I don't usually enjoy going to these things because I am not a typical consumer and tend to order things for resale that I like. I avoid the ceramic flower containers shaped like a dog bed with puppies hanging out over them. The way I look at it, the flowers put in the container will cover the dog, so what is the point? My colleagues in the same business tell me they sell like hot cakes. I just cannot go there.

Instead, I head for the booth with the cedar greenhouse. It is covered with a baffled poly carbonate that helps retain heat. It has a solar panel which charges a lithium battery that powers a thermostat which will open and close the roof to ventilate on hot days. One of the benches inside has a flooding tray that floods to bottom water your plants. It cycles twice a day so you can put your plants and baskets in it, go away for the weekend and not have to bother your neighbors to water your plants or open the door of your greenhouse when it is hot. It is completely off the grid. I fell in love with it. I wish I were retired so that I could putter with this in my own back yard.

I'll post some more products later... We are heading to the restaurant Jesse (my daughter) works at... The Nectar Social House in Dartmouth. It's all about the food now isn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment